Community Forums

How to shrink the size of the pores  

RSS

Haley
(@haley)
Active Member Registered
December 5, 2017 8:31 pm  

Hi! In this thread, I want to share some facts about how to minimize the appearance of enlarged pores.

Lets tackle first the primary cause of it.

1. Skin aging: As we age, we loses our natural skin moisture making our skin to sag and the pores to enlarged.

2. Hormones/Oily skin: Enlarged pores can be caused by excessive oil/sebum that your glad produces. If the excessive sebum is trap and clogged the pores this will cause the pores to enlarged. 

3. Environmental Stress: This is a possible factor for our skin to lose its elasticity and can cause skin aging as well.

4. Incorrect cleansing method: Skin irritating cleanser can actually cause enlarge pores as well, especially those cleanser that strip too much moisture from the skin. It will cause our sebaceous gland to produce more oil just to replenished the lost moisture caused by the cleanser.

Ways of Minimizing the size of The Pores

*Cleansing- You need to choose the type of cleanser that is gentle enough to your skin. If your skin is pimple/acne prone try using cleanser that has antibacterial ingredients in it. If your skin is dry oil based cleanser might be the best option for you and a gentle foam cleanser as well. (Tips: Do not put the cleanser directly on to your face. Using your hands, produce a foam/bubbles then you can put it to your face. Do not use your palm when cleansing, just the fingertips in circular motion.)

Exfoliating- yep! you read it right. Exfoliation helps our skin to breath. It removes dead skin cells that usually traps the sebum on to our skin, and those deep seated dirt as well. A regular exfoliation at least 3-4 times a week is a must. Exfoliation also helps improves the absorption of all the skin care product that we are using. (Tip: The best type to use in exfoliating are those with scrubs if your skin is oily. If your skin is dry you can use clay mask or a type of cleansing oil as alternative for this step. Cleansing Oils can also dissolve dead skin cells without irritating your skin so it is a great option for those who has sensitive skin as well.)

Skin Care- Put a toner on a piece of cotton this can work as skin exfoliator as well. All the the dirt that wasn't remove using facial cleanser can be removed by the toner. Okay moisturizer... so the common misconception is to avoid skin care product that has oil in it. No, not all product that has oil in it should be avoided. In fact we need a little oil even if our skin produces it naturally to help balance the water and oil of the skin. (Tip: Use product that is concern with balancing the hydration of the skin so it regulates the skin sebum.) If your skin is dry then it requires more moisture, the secret is to hydrate your skin as much as possible. The moisturizer between oily and dry skin types are different since the moisturizer for the dry skin might be heavy for the oily skin type.

If you are 25y.o and above I would suggest you take care your skin properly because this is the age that our skin starts aging. All the said tips above are not just for your pores it can be helpful to slows down skin aging as well.

There are different types of skin with different issues on them, if yo have questions about specific skin problem I will be glad to answer it for you with best of my knowledge. If you have thoughts that can be helpful in this topic, please share it with us. Thanks!

ReplyQuote
macfais
(@macfais)
Eminent Member Subscriber
December 10, 2017 11:34 am  

Hi Haley. Nice post. I would like to ask if do you know any effective homemade remedy for skin pores (on face) problems? I recently had a problem with my face because of one of the products that I had used. I tried to use a particular product and it burned some skin of my face (although I adhered to product's instructions on how to apply it on face). I am scared to use any product now. I do not know which specific product is good or bad for my skin. On the other hand, seeking help from a dermatologist is quite expensive. But with homemade cleanser or exfoliator, I think it is safe.

ReplyQuote
Lexa
 Lexa
(@lexa)
Trusted Member Subscriber
December 11, 2017 9:57 am  
Posted by: macfais

Hi Haley. Nice post. I would like to ask if do you know any effective homemade remedy for skin pores (on face) problems? I recently had a problem with my face because of one of the products that I had used. I tried to use a particular product and it burned some skin of my face (although I adhered to product's instructions on how to apply it on face). I am scared to use any product now. I do not know which specific product is good or bad for my skin. On the other hand, seeking help from a dermatologist is quite expensive. But with homemade cleanser or exfoliator, I think it is safe.

Actually use home made products can be more dangerous than using ones bought from the store. This is because home made items maybe concentrated and don't contains preservatives, therefore can go off and cause reactions if they aren't used immediately.

For any kind of reaction, the best thing to do is use an emollient such as E45 or a baby rash cream because they will heal the skin and protect it. You should always test products (patch test) for anything that is active in case of a reaction. Try it behind the ear and ideally to see if your skin reacts.

ReplyQuote

Working

Please Login or Register