Community Forums

Link Issue  

RSS

kingcool52
(@kingcool52)
Eminent Member Subscriber
December 4, 2017 1:31 pm  

There seems to be a weird bug at the moment when I post a new removed link I haven't noticed it in any of my previous posts except for the following:  removed link For some weird reason, it says "removed link" in a few different places for random removed link I noticed that the words "Christmas", "snow" and "shops" were removed and replaced with "removed link" even though I haven't added any links to the removed link

ReplyQuote
Timothy Alexander
(@timothyalex)
Member Admin
December 4, 2017 4:55 pm  

It is not a bug. New members are under hard spam controls for their first 10 posts. Part of that is the system not allowing links or attachment. 

ReplyQuote
Timothy Alexander
(@timothyalex)
Member Admin
December 5, 2017 12:19 am  

Ok, scratch that. There may be an issue if you are first writing your post in Word or another program and then pasting it to the board. In WordPress, doing this will add html code. The forum software may be misinterpreting that code rather than just striping it out. Regardless, it still should clear up after 10 posts. 

I have reported the problem to the developer. In the meantime,  use the "text only" if you paste your message. This option is available in Chrome. I have no idea about other browsers. 

ReplyQuote
Jason00
(@jason00)
Active Member Registered
December 5, 2017 12:31 am  

With due respect, the removed link thing is a bit removed link   I don't think anyone is posting bad language or removed link   This needs to be looked removed link   

ReplyQuote
Timothy Alexander
(@timothyalex)
Member Admin
December 5, 2017 12:47 am  

I agree. I turned that feature off for the time being. The developer does respond rather quickly. So, I don't expect it will take long to get some kind of answer. 

ReplyQuote
kingcool52
(@kingcool52)
Eminent Member Subscriber
December 5, 2017 5:18 pm  
Posted by: Timothy Alexander

Ok, scratch that. There may be an issue if you are first writing your post in Word or another program and then pasting it to the board. In WordPress, doing this will add html code. The forum software may be misinterpreting that code rather than just striping it out. Regardless, it still should clear up after 10 posts. 

I have reported the problem to the developer. In the meantime,  use the "text only" if you paste your message. This option is available in Chrome. I have no idea about other browsers. 

Might be a different problem because I don't do this yet it still did it for a few of my posts. I don't write any of my posts on external programs and I just use the post editor that is available on this site. It seems to have been fixed now that you have disabled the feature. Could it be a problem with the use of Grammarly which causes that feature to break?

ReplyQuote
Timothy Alexander
(@timothyalex)
Member Admin
December 5, 2017 5:53 pm  

I did get a response from the developer. But, they did not seem to understand what I was talking about. So, I have directed them to this thread and asked them to look at the posts prior to changing the settings. 

ReplyQuote

Working

Please Login or Register