Community Forums

Shady Paid Online Traffic  

RSS

Jason00
(@jason00)
Active Member Registered
December 11, 2017 5:42 pm  

Some traffic is very cheap, so cheap that it's incredibly attractive.  I mean, who can resist 20,000 visitors for 20 dollars, right?  However, though, it's often, indeed, too good to be true.  For instance, the traffic could be bots, something not even human, 😏 with the rest of the time being incredibly low-quality, to the point that nobody is interested in your site, much less your product.

ReplyQuote
Lexa
 Lexa
(@lexa)
Trusted Member Subscriber
December 11, 2017 10:51 pm  

Paying for traffic either in views, or likes will backfire at some point. These days people (most) aren't fooled by figures which we all know can be manipulated and when a figure looks too good to be true, then it usually is. You can also tell where the traffic is coming from and if a huge proportion is coming from a non- English speaking region then it's likely to be suspect.

Is it the same for Facebook ads? I know people that have used them, and one thought it worked and another said it didn't. You are in effect paying for traffic as the ads appear in feeds and some people end up clicking them by accident, so is that the same as tricking people into gaining traffic for a site?

ReplyQuote
Timothy Alexander
(@timothyalex)
Member Admin
December 12, 2017 7:13 am  

Back in the day, and with another website, I tried all those traffic services, from paid traffic to traffic exchanges. None of them actually work.

@lexa - Facebook has made it so that the only way to get exposure is with paid advertising, and I think that does have a negative impact. People are far well likely to engage when they see that a post in their feed is paid. The big benefit used to be being able to build an opt-in audience and growing organic reach. 

ReplyQuote

Working

Please Login or Register