Community Forums

Are probitoics really essential for your health?  

RSS

Lexa
 Lexa
(@lexa)
Trusted Member Subscriber
December 19, 2017 12:37 pm  

Personally I think it's over hyped marketing with all these probiotic drinks and yoghurts on the market saying they are necessary for a good digestive system. My mother bought into this and buys them, but I don't and my system is fine.

Perhaps it works for some people, but not everyone? I have a lactose intolerance so I avoid dairy so I can't have them even if I wanted to. Now they are saying probiotics are good for the skin, and are adding them to skincare. All I can say is that gemerations have survived without them, so why do we need them now unless they occur naturally?

ReplyQuote
macfais
(@macfais)
Eminent Member Subscriber
December 19, 2017 4:06 pm  

High stress, unhealthy and unbalanced diet, lack of sleep and lack of exercise will give a chance to those harmful bacteria particularly in our digestive system to multiply faster which may result in poor digestion. I think taking food which contains probiotics helps to avoid harmful bacteria to dominate in our digestive system. For those who do not have lactose intolerance, try the delicious Yakult. Yakult is my favorite probiotic. 😍 

ReplyQuote
Lexa
 Lexa
(@lexa)
Trusted Member Subscriber
December 20, 2017 11:37 am  
Posted by: macfais

High stress, unhealthy and unbalanced diet, lack of sleep and lack of exercise will give a chance to those harmful bacteria particularly in our digestive system to multiply faster which may result in poor digestion. I think taking food which contains probiotics helps to avoid harmful bacteria to dominate in our digestive system. For those who do not have lactose intolerance, try the delicious Yakult. Yakult is my favorite probiotic. 😍 

However, isn't this a band aid to the actual problem? A poor diet, lack of sleep, rushing meals, and stress isn't healthy and just patching it up doesn't work. My friend is a doctor and because she is stressed all the time, eats badly (due to night shifts) and works long hours her intestine walls have been damaged. She's now been signed off for two weeks as she can't work, or eat properly and she should know better.

I'm all for aiding the body, but if it masks symptoms then that isn't healthy as the underlying condition doesn't get addressed.

ReplyQuote

Working

Please Login or Register