Community Forums

Is your business legal?  

RSS

Rogue
(@rogue)
Eminent Member Subscriber
December 6, 2017 3:18 am  

Business don't just spring from anywhere just because you decided to have one. It must follow certain rules written under the law of the land at the expense of its existence. It is essential to side with the legal means to protect your interest as a debtor or creditor and against other forces that cause unjust and criminal acts to your business. Despite of the benefits there are still businesses out there that had been denying law. They are either businesses with illegal operations or businesses trying to avoid tax. We couldn't compel all of them to lead the legal life but let me just tell you that the rule of law is not made for the government they are made to protect our rights and business is included. Now I'm going to ask, is your business legal or do you comply with the legal requirements?

ReplyQuote
Timothy Alexander
(@timothyalex)
Member Admin
December 6, 2017 10:34 am  

Generally speaking, in the United States (and in Pennsylvania, where I am located) a person does not need any special licenses or registration to start a business. However, there are things that must be done based on circumstances. If the business is going to have paid employees, it will need an Employer Identification Number issued by the IRS. In Pennsylvania, if one is selling products and services subject to sales tax, they should likely have a PA Sales Tax License, but that is not always required. If the business is going to be incorporated, Articles of INcorporation nee to be filed with the PA Secretary of State office. It can become a bit complicated figuring if you need certain things or not. But, a sole proprietor can, in many instances, start a business with no documentation, not even registering their business name if begins with their surname.

ReplyQuote
AmieBotella
(@amiebotella)
Active Member Registered
December 26, 2017 2:43 am  

Business licenses differ from country to country. I gather in the United States, the IRS is very keen to monitor every business activity offline or online. But while it seems so foolproof that there'll be no fly by night businesses there, there still are several who defies the rules of the land and try and run their business in the shadows. Well, I'd say, those who do this won't go far. In my country, where corruption is rampant, you will be surprised to know that those who run small businesses are the ones who follow the rules of the government more than the big companies do. However, since we are quite new to the online business world, there are a few now who operates their businesses online that are not yet registered with the BIR (Bureau of Internal Revenue). But like I said earlier, those who chose not to make their business legal by applying the necessary business licenses won't go too far with their business endeavors. 

ReplyQuote

Working

Please Login or Register