Community Forums

What is your ideal age of marriage?  

RSS

junrose123
(@steve)
Active Member Subscriber
December 5, 2017 11:25 pm  

Most people now a days are being set up or engage to a marriage at a very young age, we cannot deny that there are  many reasons why a person chooses to marry either at a  younger age or at the late time of his life. Marriage now a days is very common all over the world, it is now becoming a trend to some millennials due to some external factors around us. I am curious on your preferences when it comes to marriage issue. Can you give to us your opinion regarding this issue? It would be a good insight for those planning to have a marriage soon.

ReplyQuote
Rogue
(@rogue)
Eminent Member Subscriber
December 6, 2017 7:53 am  

I think 25 years old is the ideal age or that's what my mom has been drilling on my head since I reached 21. It was just recently when my mother started to encourage me about why I should get married at 25. I'm guessing that her main reason is because she had her marriage with my dad on that very same age. Another reason is that she worries that I might have a hard time producing a baby or have problems on laboring if a put it on a later age at 30s. This age is not too early and not too late and an ideal age really. Yes, you may not be strongly established during this age but I think you are matured enough and ready to commit. While thinking I realize that my mom is right about this age but adjusting it to 26 up to 27 years is still reasonable and ideal age. But remember marriage is not something to rush or delay, it is a life long contract that needed a wise and emotional decision . You don't get married just because it's in trend or something others told you to do. It is sacred and the key ingredient on starting a family fueled by love.

ReplyQuote
Timothy Alexander
(@timothyalex)
Member Admin
December 6, 2017 11:40 am  

I would go with between 25 and 30. Generally, a person younger than 25 tends to be too immature. Over 30, a person starts to become set in their ways. And, that condition grows the older one gets. Now, I don't want to suggest that there is anything wrong with a person who wants to remain single. But, if the goal is a life-long marriage then I think, for the best possibility of success, between 25 and 30 is best.

ReplyQuote
AmieBotella
(@amiebotella)
Active Member Registered
December 7, 2017 9:38 pm  

According to modern statistics, the divorce rate in the early 20s to the mid 20s is higher compared to the divorces in the late 20s  to early 30s(28-32) and then goes up again after the age of 35 and up. Probably the reason behind this is when you're so young, you tend to become impulsive and probably just jumped in to marriage without a long haul planning and thinking.  Maybe your career hasn't boosted yet and there are somethings that are unforeseen in your future that may lead you to quitting your married life all together. And then when you decided to get married a little later on in your mid 30s, you are more sure of yourself and then adjusting with a life with someone else might not work out because you are so sure of how your life should work that adjusting with a partner is not quite what you're expecting. Hence, the divorce. 

There is a small window of ideal time according to this modern study that I read and this is when you're at your late 20s to early 30s (28-32). Stretched from at least 25 to 34 years of age, the decline in failed marriages occur during this age range. Probably because you have seen the path for your career, you're on your way to become financially stable, and you are also adjusting to life altogether. I suppose this is what your mother is pointing out for you. 

But just like in any other statistics, there is always the MINORITY. Wherein these facts can be contradicted. 

Personally, I don't think there is really an appropriate or ideal age to settle down. There are men who are over 25 years old but still aren't ready for the married life. And the same applies to women also. But, I've seen firsthand myself that there really are men at their teens who can stand up and be a family man. And again, the same goes with women too. I suppose one's barometer of when you're ready to settle down should always be about the readiness and somehow maturity of the person. And that is not age-dependent. One can be old enough, but not ready to tie down with someone.

When you have that someone whom you can see yourself with, and you feel and know that you're ready, then by all means take that road. But when time passes by and you saw 25, 26, 27 passes you by, still feel unsure, why jump in the wagon? Don't feel bad when everyone in your circle ties the knot. For a lasting married life, it should be started with preparedness.

ReplyQuote
junrose123
(@steve)
Active Member Subscriber
December 8, 2017 10:38 am  

I think my ideal age of marriage would be 28 years old because this is the time that people are getting more mature and responsible for everything that he/she do. I chooses this age because this is the time when people do make some achievements already in life. Honestly I really don't like to get married at an older age because for me it is ridiculous, I felt like as if there are no thrill anymore. I want to enjoy life up to the fullest, that is why I don't want to wait for me to get old before I would see happiness in my entire life.

ReplyQuote
macfais
(@macfais)
Eminent Member Subscriber
December 11, 2017 11:20 am  

I think before getting married, we have to set some criteria for ourselves if we are qualified to get one. Ask yourself "Do I have something for my future family to survive? Do I have a stable job? Do I have some plan? Getting married is not just like eating a food and spit it after if you do not like it. It will take a lot of planning. Thus for me, as soon as I am stable and as soon as I find the compatible woman for me, I have to get married immediately. Good luck to every single one.

ReplyQuote

Working

Please Login or Register