Community Forums

Donald Trump  

RSS

kingcool52
(@kingcool52)
Eminent Member Subscriber
December 7, 2017 4:33 pm  

Donald Trump. He truly is a controversial figure and I'm not even sure some of the people that have voted for him believe in him anymore. Personally, I am not a fan of his anymore. I would never have voted for him but I did believe for a bit that he might be good for the world especially with countries like North Korea being so threatening with their weapons. But it seems that he just seems to create even more trouble especially with him declaring that Jerusalem should be considered the capital of Israel which has caused a lot of tensions in the Middle East. What do you guys think about Donald Trump? Would it be a good idea to impeach him?

ReplyQuote
Timothy Alexander
(@timothyalex)
Member Admin
December 7, 2017 6:19 pm  

Trump would not have been my pick, but neither was Hillary. All that garbage from the Dems about her having been the most qualified candidate in history. That is not only a joke but an insult to almost every Persistent and presidential candidate in history. In 2008, she was a more qualified candidate than Obama. But, for the most part, she was a paper candidate. 

All that said, I really don't like being in the position of defending Trump. But, the reason why we are dealing with  Korth Korea has absolutely nothing to do with him. If was caused by 30 years a Presidents, politicians, and diplomats from both sides of the aisle attempting to placate and buy off the Korth Koreans. It is like when a child throws a fit in the store and the parent buys them a toy or candy to quiet them down. That parent is teaching their child how to behave, and the U.S. and the rest of the world has taught Korth Korea how to behave. 

We are dealing with not only a nuclearized North Korea but a North Korea that has missiles that can reach the US and many of her allies. Three decades of appeasement has brought us here. Trump could probably find a way to quiet them. But, we have to learn our lessons as well. Every single time that North Korea wants attention, they turn it up a notch. So, it is not really a question of if North Korea will drop a nuke on someone. It is a matter of when.

If the world does not handle this now, Korth Korea will continue to advance their technology and build their arsenal. Then, maybe 10 years from now, when they can cause real damage, they are going to nuke one of their neighbors just to prove they can and use the threat of a major attack to blackmail the world. 

The people who need to be investigated are Hillary and her cronies in the Democratic Party. They were the ones who were really trying to rig the election and they stole the nomination from Bernie. Bill and Hillary have been playing that backdoor deals since their Arkansas days. It thankfully caught up with them. The unfortunate thing is that she is the reason Trump is President.

ReplyQuote
Lexa
 Lexa
(@lexa)
Trusted Member Subscriber
December 8, 2017 4:37 am  

When you vote to choose someone for a job you look at a) qualifications, and b) experience. Trump had no public service experience or qualifications as in knowing how the government works (legal or political studies), therefore, one should vote for the best person who is able to do the job, and not the person you like more. In recruitment you choose the best person from the choices you have and Trump was not the best and that shows.

His inexperience and lack of knowledge has damaged the USA in terms of reputation and foreign relations and divided the country, probably the most divided since the slavery issue. I'm looking at hard facts here; how many members of his cabinet have resigned or been fired (the same thing really), how many members of the cabinet are qualified to advise (his daughter and son-in-law), or when he walked off and forgot to sign an executive order which I have doubts he fully understands.

Those are facts, and don't even take into account the legal cases against him or allegations of sexual misconduct. As for impeachment, there are more than sufficient allegations to impeach, but it is a process and it's also in the hands of Congress. If one studies the Nixon case then you will realize that he was about to be impeached which led to his resignation. He was charged with three articles of impeachment, therefore wasn't impeached as yet, and those included obstruction of justice, abuse of power, and contempt of Congress. The first charge Trump is already entangled in with the sudden firing of Comey, and today the rules are much tighter than before as there was no precedent. It's about evidence and what can be proved, and that's what is currently happening with Flynn and maybe others who are being charged with other offenses.

ReplyQuote
Timothy Alexander
(@timothyalex)
Member Admin
December 9, 2017 5:33 pm  

And, Bill Clinton was actually impeached... for perjury. He lied about his sexual relationship with a 22-year-old intern. Plus, Bill Clinton has a long history of sexual misconduct. Blindly ask almost anyone about a generic executive engaging in sexual behavior with someone so young in the workplace, and their response would be that it was an abuse of power and that executive should resign or be fired. 

Comey was fired because of his compromised judgment. Today, the Dems are talking about an obstruction charge because there has been no evidence produced showing collusion with the Russians. Yet, Hillary Clinton deleted thousands of emails and scrubbed her servers while knowing that she was under investigation. Also, there is growing evidence that she used her position and influence to financially enrich herself and her husband. This doesn't even touch some of the other either potentially criminal and ethically challenged behavior, like her cronies in the Democratic Party first trying to clear the road for her and then rigging the primary election against Bernie Sanders. 

My point is that I don't think most people would describe the 2008 Election as voting for the one they liked best. It was voting for the lesser of two evils. Moreover, Trump did not divide the country. He is exploiting those divisions, but Hillary does the same thing, only with more political savvy. (Remember the basket of deplorable comment?) The difference between Trump and all other recent presidential candidates and actual Presidents is he doesn't talk out both side of his mouth, like saying wants to unite the country while making comments about those who cling to their guns and religion. 

All that said, I really wish things had gone differently. Not that Clinton would have won, but that America would have had different candidates. I also wish that the U.S. actually worked the way the Founding Fathers intended and that no one was above the law. Trump is a symptom, not the disease. Polls have shown that for the last 30 years, public trust in the government has declined to historically low levels, while at the same time we have all become very tribal. We have lost the ability to empathize with opposing points of view or see differing opinions as legitimate. Unfortunately, I don't believe Trump is us hitting bottom. 

ReplyQuote

Working

Please Login or Register