Community Forums

Instagram and tagging  

RSS

Lexa
 Lexa
(@lexa)
Trusted Member Subscriber
December 6, 2017 4:49 pm  

I'm not one for selfies, but quite a few companies run promotions and competitions on Instagram and recently I have won a few so that's encouraged me to stick with it. I have a couple of accounts for my beauty websites and I tag various companies in photos when I have reviewed their products or I regram. I've been surprised at the response and even had the owner of a company double tapping my post and some companies have followed me too. The beauty of tagging is that you can tag anyone that is listed, and that can open up an opportunity to network or open dialogue if you are looking to collaborate.

You don't have to do selfies, which is what people normally associate with Instagram, but you can regram and comment, plus there are lots of filters to choose from to make it fun. Instagram accounts can be made private as well so you can control who follows you and who can see your photos.

ReplyQuote
Timothy Alexander
(@timothyalex)
Member Admin
December 7, 2017 2:31 pm  

Maybe it is my age, but I just don't get the appeal of Instagram. I'm on there, and I have a healthy following, but it just seems so impersonal. Even with my real-world friends that I follow. I'll see their pics on Instagram, but I'm commenting on Facebook. 

ReplyQuote
Lexa
 Lexa
(@lexa)
Trusted Member Subscriber
December 7, 2017 3:49 pm  

I don't have that many posts at all on my accounts, but it seems to be one of the preferred choice of companies these days because with Facebook it only reaches people who follow or like. With Instagram it's easy to share and with tagging you can see a board of images without having to scroll through posts as you do on Facebook.

Every now and then I think I should post something, so I regram instead. I have a quite a few friends who tag me in contests and so I return the favor.

ReplyQuote

Working

Please Login or Register