Community Forums

Round The World Tickets  

RSS

Lexa
 Lexa
(@lexa)
Trusted Member Subscriber
December 6, 2017 6:21 am  

I've always wanted to do a RTW trip, but never found anyone to go with, and as prices are more affordable these days it's an option if you have the time and money. I decided eventually to break down my trips to a few months at a time in a region and went alone and I was fine even though I was a little nervous at first because you do meet other travelers, but you must be careful of the scammers.

I was lucky and found some safe and fun people to travel with in Asia and also in Europe. Why you want to go also matters, because if you only want to tick off places then I don't think you'll get much from the trip. However, if you want to explore different cultures and to see how others live then you will discover a lot about yourself. I learned some strengths I didn't know I had, and also that I had a lot more to learn in life and not to be afraid to travel. Of course there are horror stories of scammers, and thieves, but these kinds of people are everywhere in the world even on your own doorstep, so you have to learn to watch your back these days in life.

If you've been thinking about traveling and haven't done it because you were afraid, perhaps try a short trip like I did, and then you'll get the travel bug and realize there you were worrying needlessly as long as you do a bit of planning. I went on to be an online advisor for people taking a gap year for a website, and I now write articles on my own website with tips for traveling.

I think one of my best deals was a MegaBus for 50 cents from Boston to New York as I got a free ticket and paid just the booking fee, and that was only a few years ago. When you find deals like that, you have no excuse not to do it.

ReplyQuote

Working

Please Login or Register