Before sending a request, please read and understand this section. We are happy to answer any questions you may have. Koffee-O-Matic does accept guest posts from writers who can provide useful information, unique perspectives, and original commentary. This is a great opportunity for our readers to learn from you. You can inspire, encourage, and challenge our readers while, at the same time, increasing your online authority.
Guest Post Guidelines:
Please note, that while you may link to your own relevant content, Koffee-O-Matic will not accept guest post submissions from copywriters looking to exchange content for links, or from writers incorporating affiliate or business links. Koffee-O-Matic is also unable to approve your submission unless you follow the guidelines and instructions on this page.
- Anything that is useful for Koffee-O-Matic readers is good content. Guest posts can be on almost any topic, but should be focused on providing good information or original commentary.
- Submissions containing “adult only” material are prohibited.
- Posts may not promote hate, drug use, illegal activity, or acting in violence.
- We read all guest post submissions but submission of your guest post does not guarantee publication.
- If your article is spammy—about visiting your site, promoting your company or product, or PR related—it will be automatically deleted.
- Guest post submissions must be in English.
- Reposted content will be rejected. A guest post must be original and not elsewhere on the internet.
- You agree, if your submission is approved, not to publish the post the article anywhere else (i.e., in your own blog or as a guest post on other websites).
- Koffee-O-Matic Linking Policy
- Your submission, when appropriate, should attempt to link to other posts found on Koffee-O-Matic.
- Koffee-O-Matic reserves the right to add or remove links before publishing.
- Affiliate links within guest post submissions are strictly forbidden.
- Guest bloggers may link to their own content within the post, as long as the content conforms to Koffee-O-Matic Guest Post Submission Guidelines.
- Posts with excessive external links may be edited before publishing, returned to “Draft” status, or rejected.
- Your guest post should be at least 500 words.
- The submission should include a minimum of 5 paragraphs.
- A paragraph contains a minimum of 3 sentences.
- Longer posts should use subheadings to break up the article. Subheadings are used to create mini posts for those who merely skim—which lots of people do!
- Commentary and opinion posts should be supported and fact-based.
- Due to time limitation, guest post submissions that do not use correct spelling, grammar and punctuation will not be approved.
- Be sure to give your post a catchy or targeted title.
- Koffee-O-Matic Photo Policy
- Include at least one high-quality horizontal photo (at least 1280 x 500 in size) within the post.
- Images that are not your own must fall under Creative Commons “Commercial Use Allowed”, “Fair Use,” or be “Public Domain.”
- Good places to find free photos:
- Nude photos intended to titillate or are pornographic are prohibited.
- Images that are not your own must add the original source in the description field.
- Koffee-O-Matic does not pay for guest posts.
- You acknowledge and understand these guidelines are not intended to address every issue or to be all-inclusive. Therefore, additional standards and limitations may apply.
- Koffee-O-Matic is the final arbiter of what does and does not violate our guidelines, All decisions are final.
The Application Process for Guest Bloggers
While we believe accepting guest posts provides value to our readers, and it is a great opportunity for guest bloggers and writers, we have approved very few submissions. Some of this has to do with guests not understanding our Guest Post Submission Guidelines, and some it has to do with poor writing skills. So, we have created an application process in order to fix many of these problems, which will likely reduce the overall number of submissions we will have to review and also reject. These changes are effective November 28, 2017.
Please follow these steps:
- Click here to create a Koffee-O-Matic profile.
- An email will be sent with instructions on how to log in.
- Once logged in, click on Profile in the left-side navigation menu. Scroll down, and update your profile with your photo, website and social media links, and bio. If we suspect that you are using a fake online persona, we cannot and will not approve you are a guest writer.
- Your bio should be written in the third-person, starting with your name.
- Please limit the bio for author box to a single paragraph, no longer than 50 words.
- An author box will be automatically generated with each post, and you must fill in your bio for this feature to work.
- Add any social media links to your profile. You must include at least one profile, and one must be either a Facebook (personal) or LinkedIn profile.
- You may update your password.
- You can also link your Koffee-O-Matic profile to your WordPress account.
- Don’t forget to click “Update Profile” at the bottom of the page to save your changes.
- PLEASE NOTE: Every person who signs up is initially assigned the role of “Subscriber”. Before you are approved to write at Koffee-O-Matic, you must first make 10 trial posts on the Koffee-O-Matic Community Forum. We do not expect full length, blog-style posts on the Koffee-O-Matic Community Forum. However, the posts are used to verify writing quality before upgrading your status to Contributor. Once you have completed this step, return to this page.
- Using the Contributor Request Form below, you can now apply to become a Guest Writer. A Koffee-O-Matic staff member will examine and evaluate the posts that you have made and return with a decision within 24 hours. If your posts meet our quality expectations, your status will be upgraded and you will be able to start submitting articles.
- If your posts do not meet Koffee-O-Matic quality expectations, you may reapply after making another 10 posts, but only if instructed by Koffee-O-Matic staff.
- If your posts fall well below Koffee-O-Matic quality expectations, you will not be able to reapply.
How to Submit an Article
- After being upgraded to Contributor, the Posts section will become available to you in the Admin section of the website.
- Using either the left or top navigation, go to Posts > Add New. Write and format your post.
- Insert photos and images where you want them in your post, but one in-post image must be at the top of each article.
- Also, a photo must be included as the Featured Image.
- The Featured Image must be at least 1280×500 in size. You can use either a version of your in-post image or a different one.
- If the photo is not yours, provide credit and a link to the original source in the description fields, not the caption.
- You can click the “Preview” button to check your layout and formatting. When you’re ready, click “Submit for Review”.
- Typically, submissions are reviewed within 24 hours by staff.
- If it has been determined the post is not ready for publishing, it will be returned to “Draft” status, and you will be notified by email.
- Submissions with major violations will be deleted.
- Approved submissions are scheduled for the next available publishing time.
- Please be sure to follow these submission guidelines. Only posts that are submitted fully and accurately will be considered for publication.
- Koffee-O-Matic may potentially provide minor edits for basic content, punctuation, and formatting. However, we will not make major content changes without prior permission from you.
- By guest posting on Koffee-O-Matic, you agree to share the post link on your social media streams.
- Please reply to comments on the site to engage with the community.